is an Engineer, graduating the Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Faculty of Technological Machine Engineering, specialization in Optics, Lasers, Technological Machine Engineering, in July 1981. Head of the Constructive and Technological Engineering Lasers and Fibre Optics Communications Department and has a large expertise in laser engineering and physics and is an acknowledged expert in the fields of optical and laser based sensing. He published more than 175 papers in journals indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge (more than 500 citations, Hirsch index 11), several books, 19 patents and 17 patent requests (sensors, environment, space and security) and a member of several Scientific Committees and General Secretary of the CERES National Research Programme. As project coordinator he proved his project management capacity coordinating several projects in the frame of Horizon 2020, MANUNET and FP7 programmes and also national contracts.
is currently a senior scientist at INOE 2000. He has graduated the Polytechnic University of Chisinau, Faculty of Electro-physics, in 1972. He received a PhD degree in radio-physics, in 1978, from the Lomonosov State University of Moscow (Russia). In 2003, he has received the title of Dr.Habil.Sc. from the Institute of Applied Physics, Republic of Moldavia. His scientific interests are in optoelectronics, fibre optics and integrated optics devices, nonlinear optics, lasers and their applications. He is author of 1 monography, 90 scientific publications, 6 patents, 28 reports at international scientific symposia and conferences.
senior scientist at the National Institute for Optoelectronics INOE 2000, Bucharest, received a PhD degree in plasma physics, in 1982, from the University of Bucharest. Her activities began in the field of hollow cathode discharges in magnetic field (experimental and theoretical studies), later moving to the investigation of the optical properties of materials. Present activities refer to the fluorescence and laser induced fluorescence applied to the water sciences and soil diagnosis. She received the "Dragomir Hurmuzescu" prize awarded by the Romanian Academy of Science (for Physics) in 1995. Has a vast project management experience, gathered as program director (Nucleus Programs OPTRONICA 20032017), director and project responsible for national projects guided towards environment assessment. She has expertise, in the field of materials synthesis and characterization and in the environmental monitoring and evaluation through optospectral techniques. Her practice in several research stages abroad and in international cooperation enables her with a more complex vision on the research problems, at international level. She published more than 55 papers in journals indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge (more than 240 citations).
graduated in 2005 from the Faculty of Physics, University of Bucharest, specialization biophysics, and in 2007 the Master in Neurobiology, Faculty of Biology, at the same University. Recently she has been awarded with a PhD degree in Physics, University of Bucharest. She conducted world leading research on fluorescence spectroscopy technique applied to on-line and in-situ monitoring of river water quality. During the last year, she started working on optical techniques, namely fluorescence spectroscopy and optical coherence technology, applied to skin lesion diagnosis.
• “Pattern recognition and spectral properties investigation through multivariate methods in fluorescence excitation emission matrix monitoring”, Universite du Sud Toulon et du Var, Laboratoire PROTEE, Toulon, France
• “Fluorescence spectroscopy applied to the study surface water quality”, visiting scholar at University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
• “Risk assessment of contaminated sites: from source zones to water resources”, DTU Environment and RECETO, Vejle, Denmark
• “World Wide Workshop for Young Environmental Scientists”, “Centre d'enseignement et de recherche sur l'eau, la ville et l'environnement”, Paris, France
• “Optoelectronic techniques applied to environmental and medical studies” research stage at Institute of Electronics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
has Bachelor degree in Physics and Computer Science, Master of Science in Lasers (ELI-NP) and PhD degree in Sensing devices from the University of Bucharest and University Politehnica of Bucharest. He conducts research in the areas of optical sensors, fibre optics and materials science with specific applications in industry, medicine, space and security. In all of these areas he puts emphasis on the development of fully functional prototypes. Participated in numerous national and multinational projects (as coordinator, responsable and key person), FP7, MANUNET and Horizon 2020 and published more than 30 papers in journals indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge (more than 100 citations).
Head of INDICO laboratory (measurements of characteristics of laser, fibre optics devices, optical components and materials), infrastructure accredited by RENAR.
• Advanced Ellipsometry Techniques Horiba Jobin Yvon S.A.S., France
• Study of embedded systems for materials monitoring based on high processing computers Technical University of Crete, Greece
• Experiments for synthesis and characterization of chalcogenide glasses Institute of Chemical Sciences of Rennes, University of Rennes1 Rennes, France
is an engineer specialized in Optics and Fine Mechanics, graduated from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest in July 1976. He is a member of the International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) His research includes optical fiber communications and sensors, laser rangefinding and biomedical laser systems. He has expertise in optical design and computer programming (Delphi, C++, Visual Basic, etc).
- specialist with a large expertise in fibre optics and laser devices, coordinating several research projects in the frame of national programmes and participated in several projects in the frame of FP7 and Horizon 2020 European programs, His expertise in simulations and modelling in the field of sensor devices is proved by more than 90 publications in journals indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge (more than 180 citations).
graduated in 1990 from the Faculty of Mechanics, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, specialized in optics and fine mechanics. She attended a postgraduate course in industrial robots in 1994 and in 2004 a TRANSCAT (Germany) course on the use of CATIA software. Since 2007, she has been a PhD student at the Faculty of Mechanics and Mechatronics, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, working on methods and equipment for testing the profile of the roads (longitudinal and transversal) in dynamic regime. She is a member of AGIR and SPIE. She attended a
postgraduate program in industrial robots in 1994 and in 2004 at TRANSCAT (Germany) and obtained her PhD degree from the University Politehnica of Bucharest. She is working in the field of design and implementation methodologies for sensing systems with tightly coupled design parameters and highly constrained resources. She has participated in many national and European R&D programmes. She published more than 30 papers in journals indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge (more than 50 citations).
graduated in 2004 the Faculty of Physics from University of Bucharest, specialization medical physics, and in 2006 the Master in Optics, Spectroscopy, Plasma and Lasers, Faculty of Physics. She received her PhD degree in 2011 on the study of optoelectronic devices with applications in telecommunications and medicine. Her major research activities include the analysis of the laser-tissue interaction, the modeling of radiation transmission through tissues and the use of laser based medical equipment.
• Third International Summer Student School – Nuclear Physics Methods and Accelerators in Biology and Medicine, Dubna, Rusia
• Measurement of form accuracy of flat and spherical optical surfaces and of radii of spherical lenses, Training Certificate by Moller – Wedel Optical GmbH, Germany
• Laser Plasma Interactions, Scottish Universities St. Andrews, Scotland
• Trends in Contemporary Optics, Sinaia, Romania
• Measurement of prism angle and refractive index, Training Certificate by Moller – Wedel Optical GmbH, Germany
• Biophotonics and Applications of Biophotons - Neuss, Germania
• Measurement of focal length, back focal length of lenses and optical systems and radii of lenses, Training Certificate by Moller – Wedel Optical GmbH, Germany
is a Physics Engineer, graduated from the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics in 2004, specialization Optics, Spectroscopy, Plasma and Lasers and Metrology. He received his PhD degree in physics in 2011. His research includes optimization of solid-state laser power supplies and laser treatment of alloying and highly alloying steel surfaces.
• Laser Plasma Interaction, 12-28 august 2005, organized by NATO Advanced Studies Institute – St. Andrews ,Scotland UK;
• Short Course on Vibration Measurements by Laser Techniques, Ancona, Italia;
• Laser Physics and Applications in XV International School on quantum electronics Burgas, 2008 septembrie, Bulgaria.
• Spectroscopic Ellipsometry, Training Certificate by Horiba Jobin Yvon, France
received an Engineer Diploma after graduating, in 1986, the Faculty of Electronics, University of Bucharest. He is a PhD student at the Faculty of Electronics, Polytechnic University of Bucharest with PhD thesis "Selection and processing of radio pulses produced by cosmic radiations". He is an engineer in technology development, dealing with the conception and design in OrCAD and function simulation in Spice for HV switching power supplies, command and control systems with microcontrollers, triggering laser systems and laser power supply.
is a Diploma Engineer, graduated in 2004 from the Faculty of Physics University of Bucharest specialization Optics, Spectroscopy, Plasma and Lasers. His abilities include execution of electronic blocks for HV switching power supplies, control systems with microcontrollers, laser triggering systems and power laser sources.